On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 4:31:18 AM UTC-8, Michael Hechmer wrote:

> Boy, this all makes my 84 Trek look better & better, because I don't want
> to buy stuff I want to Just Ride.

That's great! If a 1984 Trek is all you need to ride, then I say Just
Do It!  In contrast, I have a buddy who just got into riding about 5 years
ago. He has the latest Trek (well, 2014 version) with di2 and all the
works. It got him riding and he has now lost over 30lbs and flies up
the hills!  I had been trying to get him on a bike for 20 years, but you
know what was stopping him? dt shifters. He couldn't stand having to reach
down to shift. Same goes for bar-ends. However, with integrated shifters,
where your hands almost never leave the bar, he's into it!  He is now one
of the guys pushing everyone to get out of bed on the weekends to ride! He
also rides on the weekdays after work during the summer.

So, what ever floats your boat and gets you out on the bike, I say go for
it and enjoy! Good Luck!