A while back I bought a large Saddlesack thinking it'd be good for shorter
tours.  I'm taking a 7-day credit card tour soon and I'm having second
thoughts about using it.  It's bigger than I thought it'd be, large enough
that it's unwieldy sitting on top of the rack.  I'm considering using a
couple of Carradice Kendall panniers instead, which (combined) have the
same volume as the Saddlesack but sit lower, which may make the handling a
little better.  I'll be taking a Sam Hillborne with a Nitto Big Rear rack,
and won't have more than 20 lbs in the rear bag(s); in fact, it may be only
10-15 lbs.  I'll have an Acorn Boxy Rando bag on a Mark's Rack on the front
regardless of what I do in the rear.

Does anyone have experience with the large Saddlesack for such use?  I can
think of pros and cons for each option, but would like opinions from those
who really know.  Thanks.

Dave