I wasn't much interested in the Roadini until I saw the presale
announcement last week, with the pics and the description, and my interest
grew.  I was really close to sending my payment---in fact, was merely
debating which color to get---but since then my interest has waned because
I don't know that I can get past the TIG welds.  I understand the reasoning
behind them, and I acknowledge that it makes no difference to the ride
quality, the longevity, or anything thing else that matters objectively,
but still....  I vowed a few years ago that I wouldn't buy a bike that had
a threadless headset (for rational reasons) or that was TIG-welded (for
emotional reasons), and while the Roadini caused me to reconsider
that---the model ticks ALL of my other boxes---I fear that the welds will
always truncate my love.

I wish the model was in the Sam/Joe/Cheviot class; made in Taiwan with
lugs, so it's much less expensive than the Waterford-made models but more
than the TIG-welded models.  I'd be the first in line for that one.

Dave