So a while back, i bought some property in the mountains and it came with 2
dirt bikes. They aren't street legal, or attractive, or very high end.
We've spent the last year semi renovating the cabin, clearing the land of
years of brush pile up, but we've finally gotten to the point where we are
starting to try to go through some of the stuff in the garage. I have no
use for 2 non street worthy, ugly yamahas, but after a little research, it
looks like i can get about 3500$ for the pair.

after thinking about it, i think a (single) motorcycle would be useful and
fun to have up there. im trying to figure out what that type of thing would
be and, since ive never had any interest in motorcycles, the internet info
is overwhelming. i know some of you guys ride all types of bikes, so im
hoping to get some direction.

here is what i'm thinking
-3500$ or less
-good on roads and dirt roads. not interested in jumps or anything crazy,
but it will have to be able to go off pavement comfortably
-reliable/durable/parts easily found and cheap.
-rivish... weird to say, but if anyone, you'll know what i mean. uniquely
pretty, versatile, not overly mechanically complex, able to carry a small
load and do more than one thing well

So far i've been looking at late 70's/early 80's off road yamahas and
hondas.

Anyone have any online resources, makes/models/years that would work,
thoughts, ideas etc.