I think the BMC Road is a less-fancy-looking functional equivalent to the
Leo Roadini and the Roadeo.  I had Mark Abele at Rivendell help me with
some minor set-up work on one of my BMC Roads, and he said "this thing is
an amazing deal for what you get".

The BMC Monster-Cross does compare somewhat to a Canti-Sam.  I have run
Bruce Gordon Rock and Roads on my Sam and the BMC Monster Cross was kind of
designed around that tire.  So they are pretty close in capability.

Bill who-rode-his-stripped-down-racing-BMC-today Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA