While it’s possible to get another MUSA bike for cheaper than a MUSA Rivendell,
it won’t ever magically morph into a Rivendell. So there’s that.

I don’t, however, think it’s ludicrous to have a conversation about the price
change. Clearly, Grant knew it would be a big deal because he mentioned it a
few times prior to it actually happening. I’m assuming he’s worried about how
the pricing will affect business, and I’m guessing he also kept prices where
they were for so long (years!) because of said worry.

I also don’t think anyone has been out of line in voicing opinions on either
side. Bikes are awesome. They’re also expensive. (And they should probably be
even more expensive!) That’s the dance that Rivendell has danced so graciously
all these years, and I appreciate the thoughtfulness and transparency that goes
into their decision-making.

I’m not really sure what sort of a contribution this was, but I tried.

(The Real) Bob K. in Baltimore