What gear does that 44 t give you? You are turning into a fixed gear
climbing demon.

Am I correct in understanding that the Reign knickers are comfortable at
30*F with high winds? Second question: are they long enough to cinch under
your kneww without binding at top dead center of the pedal stroke?

I'll be interested to hear how you like the Compass knickers, and in how
low a temperature you can use them without an under-layer. I've not bought
Compass because reports say they are quite lightweight.

Retention: different strokes. I consistently pulled my feet out of
semi-tight straps on steep uphills, so I'll keep my SPDs, thank you. Few
things more disconcerting when your foot suddenly comes loose from the
pedal at 4 mph at 20 rpm while standing and torquing hard up a steep hill!

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 2:39 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> In which I do it all wrong and don’t care. Well, actually I do care,
> because I prefer to do it all wrong, at least in this case, though never
> for the sake of doing it wrong, but because conventional wisdom so often
> thinks more of itself than it ought. Grin. With photos, of course.
> https://thegrid.ai/withabandon/riding-within-my-means
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick
>
> www.CredoFamily.org
> www.MindYourHeadCoop.org

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique