I hope, God willing, to take my daughter up to the Rocky Mountain Orthodox
Youth Camp again this summer. Perhaps I'll invite myself to annoy you with
my presence for another Rampart Reservoir Ride -- if I can keep from
falling over into the boulders that alone kept me from falling further down
that steep slope into the sea (Mark 5:13), as in what, 2014? We'll see, and
I'll give you enough advance warning that you can gather your family and
flee.

I find ~70" a good all round pavement gear though, oddly, the 76" gear on
the '99 gofast seems easier to pedal; I attribute this to the 8 lb
additional weight, fenders + flaps + panniers (wind resistance), and dyno
drag on the 70" '03 errand fixie.

Back when I was in shape, 70" and even 76" was relatively comfortable up
the Tramway climb. But for Rampart I'd want multiple gears.

But seriously, kudos on your new enthusiasm, and prowess, for riding fixed.
Really, I find fixed gear riding the most rewarding sort of riding --
"rewarding" means "fun".

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> Aye, I’m a wimp. I ride the 71” most of the time, shifting to the 57” for
> some of the trails. So, if you remember when we rode Rampart Reservoir, the
> road up to Rainbow Gulch and down through most of the trail is 71”, then
> the 57” for steeper bit of the trail, then back to 71” for the climb out of
> the Reservoir and ride home.
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique