First, I did not introduce an irrelevant political topic, at least not any
more than a discussion of say AAA's opposition to bike lanes might be
considered outside the bounds of this group.  Second,  I did not explicitly
ask anyone to accept my political position, or for that matter did I even
state it.  I simply offered information to be considered.  Third, my
posting title may have lead some to jump to false assumptions if they were
only considering their own safety. Finally, yes, one can construct an
argument that my post was outside the bounds of this lists, but one would
then have to also exclude everything GP has written about helmets and
clothes.  I can remember many lengthy threads on this list about diets,
about which we do not agree, and have nothing to do with RBW, other than
GPs espousal.  I am not asking for a discussion, I simply inform you where
your money goes when you buy Bell or Giro helmets.

Michael