On Friday, March 23, 2018 at 11:46:05 AM UTC-6, Kainalu V. wrote:

> Is that in fact the case? Covering tig welds with a brass fillet? I
> assumed it would be more like a tigged front triangle with brass in the
> back. I know that some builders use electric welding of one type or another
> to tack tubes together before coming in with a torch an filleting it up,
> but that process is bemoaned by frame repair folks who'd rather deal with
> one type of mess to clean up at a time when dealing with a repair. Not that
> you'd ever need to, but maybe...
> Not that it matters, 62 is a bit small for the likes of me
> -Kai
> BK NY

I'm of course only guessing.  I just assumed it would be the same method
and same builder as did the Frank Jones Sr. frames.  Here's
<https://store.bluelug.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/catalog-large/800x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/i/1img_7282.jpg>

a picture of that:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LxqxAv8gRgs/WrVWffEtPSI/AAAAAAAAMAI/Aqtga4ixpiEHcn-m89PgmNzGwtn2ch6EACLcBGAs/s1600/1img_7282.jpg>

On the other hand... here's my Ritchey softail.  Story goes that Tom's
employees welded up the front triangle, and then he fillet brazed the rear
triangle.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-j-Byb427LPM/WrVY7cXLWOI/AAAAAAAAMAc/HMJ_8r5_42UC6HBMEMxDgP0Y8sACs03XwCLcBGAs/s1600/stbb.jpg>

Finally, for kicks, I showed this when we were speculating about the Frank
Jones, but this is my All-Rounder:  Lugged seat tube and downtube, but
fillet chainstays, knid of liek you're describing:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-99iQpnIaYHs/WrVX89cVc-I/AAAAAAAAMAU/2s7i2LR-YBomLc9l6cSWIp9TpouUaU5iACLcBGAs/s1600/AR%2BFillet%2BStays.jpg>

So I suppose it *could* be both joint types visible in the case of the
Atlantis, but it seems unlikely to me.