Sorry if this is a duplicate post ... I think I just lost my original.

Sam and Homer are "country bikes".  New Atlantis and Joe are designed for
loaded touring.

Anyway, Max, bottom line per the new Riv catalog is that Homer and Sam are,
quote "...95 percent functional clones, and you can pick by color or brake
type."  Sam is canti / V, while Homer is side pull.  Sam doesn't offer
650b; Homer's mid sizes offer 650b.

New Atlantis, and Joe, are also very, very similar.  Both offer 650b.  New
Atlantis also offers 26" wheel choice in 2 smallest sizes, but no 26"
options for Joe.  Both only come with V / canti brake mounts.  Per Riv,
"...if this is the type of bike you like, you can truly flip a coin".

Seems strange to offer 2 sets of 2 bikes so much alike, but I'm hoping they
all sell really well.  Comes down to color, brake type, and wheel size
within each of the 2 sets of bikes.

Some have asked about the dimensions of the now discontinued side pull
Sam.  I have a 2017 58 side pull Sam, and here are the measurements I took
off my actual bike:

ETT:             59 (same as 2017 geo chart)
F/C:            625 (2017 geo chart says 618.5)
Chain stay:   46.3 (2017 geo chart says 45.5)
Stack:        Betw 625-630(*) (2017 geo chart says 645.5)
Reach:      Betw 380-385(*)  (2017 geo chart says 374.5)

(*) Using spirit level and/or plumb bob to line up points; not exact, but I
do know the actual is off compared to the 2017 geo chart.

Tom