Most on this list (myself included) are people who like to tinker and
rarely seemed to be satisfied with anything "stock" as far a bikes are
concerned. If you are trying to "optimize" anything, you will need to
expend resources (time/energy/money).
How much would anybody on this list pay to "belong" to a "component
library'?
Would you then pay full retail for the parts ordered from the "librabry" or
is the idea you are buying "used " parts at a discount?
Who is paying the liability insurance for this "collective"?
How many would use the "component library for "research" and then come buy
the parts parts here (or any other interweb site)  because paying retail is
a bike nerd sin?

I choose to be grateful that I have the disposable income to own a
Rivendell. I have no qualms paying for my experimentation, as it keeps
small companies that make very specific and narrow products in business. If
buying a couple of sets of handlebars or stems or any other components are
causing financial strain, this might not be the right hobby or the right
time for this hobby for that individual. That is what this is for people
here a hobby.
This forum, as many others do also allows for trades if the parties choose
not to exchange $$.

You have to "pay to play" if you want bike nerd street cred.   ;-)