For me at least, anything more than an inch or so and I had a hard time
getting comfy on a B17, no matter how much I played with tilt. Most of my
bikes have close to two inches of drop.

Set up with a set of albatross bars and a more upright position, the same
B-17 genital torture device became quite pleasant to ride.  When you can get
it right, nothing is more comfy than a Brooks.

I'm tempted to try one of the new Berthoud saddles to see if that works
better than the B-17 with about 2 inches of S-t-B drop.

Dustin