Garth wrote:

There's some about the Aluminum cost differences in this
http://www.rivbike.com/assets/payloads/261/original_twocranksblogcomp.pdf
if you hadn't seen it.

The Alpina/Cospea do look just like the Mighty though, from these
links.
http://www.velo-orange.com/sualcr.html
http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9440&z
enid=f89716241ad1a74de46f2747c5a83f58

But .....I may have figured it out...... these appear to be made of
6061 Al, not the more expensive 2014 Al, which the Mighty cranks are
made of.
If you look online for Mighty Track cranks, you'll see they're $300
plus. That's because of the 2014 Al used.

Yeah, I use 2014 cranks exclusively on all my race bikes, but I make do with
6061 cranks on my training bikes.

--
Jon ³Klass Klown² Grant, adding nothing, as usual, in
Austin, Texas