I noted in the photos of your bike the chain appears in the smallest rear
cogs and small ring and the chain doesn't have much tension. It could
possibly have a few too many links, and/or RD isn't up to the task. This is
all greek to you of course. It reminds me of how 2 people can speak the
same language about a subject and yet neither one knowing what one earth
the other is talking about.  So much for words......