No Chaco experience but I had a pair of Bedrock Cairns for a couple years.
Absolutely live in them until the weather turns too cold.  I upgraded to the 3D
adventure pro for the thicker midsole and marine/“sticky” outsole for sailing.
My only complaint was the amount of cushioning the original cairns when on
pavement all day.  I had to be really conscious of my gate or my knees would
feel it the next day (osteo arthritic).  Prob not a concern for most people but
I figured it was telling considering I don’t have that problem in sneakers.

If you’re a size ten you’re welcome to my old cairns for the cost of shipping.
They have plenty of life left in them even after two seasons of near daily use.

Cheers,

Alex