I have a budget dynamo set-up on my commuter Cheviot. Shimano DH-3N dynamo
hub (under $100) with a Busch & Müller Eyc headlamp ($40 floor model). Rear
light is currently a USB Cygolite HotShot 100 lumen, but had a Dyno B&M
Rack-mount Light with Pulse previously when i was running a rear rack.

Very happy w/both of these set-ups. Have been using them for nighttime
and/or dark morning commuting for about a year with no issues. You can read
about the weight and efficiency differences b/t Shimano vs SON etc at Peter
White's website <https://www.peterwhitecycles.com/Shimano3N70.php>.