How is that Waterford working out for you?  Have you done any loaded
touring on it?

I literally just picked it up today. I took it for a short ride prior to
heading out to play at church this pm. So far I'm blown away....speechless.

I thought about going that route.  The pipes used for the Adventure
Cycle are not as strong as the ones used for the Toyo Atlantis frames,
though, and that dissuaded me.

I don't know about the strength of the pipes one way or the other. I figured
they know what they are doing. They have a long pedigree. I decided that for
$300 more than an Atlantis I could have the bike built to my specifications.
That made sense to me. I have equal the braze-on's as an Atlantis. The lugs
may not be as fancy but that is fine; they are classy. Waterford is 90
minutes from my home. I thought about Mercian, (I have one of those in a
66cm) but I decided to buy American.

I'll be riding the Katy Trail this summer and several S24O's.