Kurt,

It seemed to me that if a business has something they are willing to sell
(I assume at a good profit), they'd let potential buyers know. (That is
just my unused marketing degree talking.  I don't mean to be armchair
quarterbacking of running their business.) I wonder how many who have read
this thread and now that they can put down money on their grail bike will
do it.  I'd also guess that some of the potential buyers who'd want a
previous model might be different buyers than those of the current models.
No company is immune from this, even the one I work for.  Some of our
customers buy items from other companies because they didn't know/we didn't
tell them that we ALSO sold them.

I hadn't heard of Rivendell until only a few years ago.  I test rode a few
and they were all very nice.  Then, I got on the Joe Appaloosa and OMG!!!!
I purchased it right away.  I'm in Philadelphia and my Joe A. is 51 cm.  If
you are nearby, I'd be happy let you ride it or my 54.5 AHH or both.  I
rarely go west, but I could also meet you at Valley Forge or thereabouts.

Roberta