i'd second (or third?) most things from danner. I have spent a good amount
of time on my feet - both standing around for prolonged periods of time and
walking around a bunch, and not many shoes can handle that for me. danner
light 2 as well as a model called patrol. both are structurally the same
and i couldnt live without a pair. the goretex helps a bunch too, and
doesnt really cause too sweaty a boot the way a goretex jacket would.