When I portage my Hillborne up and down the long steps of the South
Hayward Bart station, I grab it hard on the seat tube and loop my
thumb into the top loop of the King cage that is bolted to the seat
tube.  If I'm wearing knit gloves, it's hard to get a good grip.  More
than once I've thought that it would be great to have a second top
tube about halfway down the seat tube to simplify urban portage.