On Apr 5, 11:14 am, Bill Connell <bconn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my case, there are at
> least a couple of places around town where trail access involves a
> long staircase or (on one offroad trail) a long log crossing, so i
> shoulder the bike, cyclocross-style. I don't use a tt-mounted pump on
> most bikes for this reason, and the smaller triangle of a 2tt would
> make it more difficult. Of course, i recognize most people probably
> don't generally have reason carry their bikes like this.

Other reasons to shoulder a bike:

2) Carrying a bike up the steps to an office or an apartment.

If Rivendell wants to differentiate the Hunqapillar's tubing from a
Bombadil, here are some other versions of different tube placements
for their consideration:

parallel down tube:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49416...@n00/4494189528/

parallel seat tube: