Masmojo wrote:
  "it's designed around being a comfortable, smooth, stable ride &  in that
context light weight is sort of antithema."

I'm not sure what antihema means but I think the implication is that light
weight is somehow at odds with a comfortable, smooth, stable ride.
I don't think that is true. Though it may not be hard to build a sub 20lb
roadeo and it might not be reasonable to aim for a sub 20lb clem L, that
doesn't mean wanting the lightest clem L one can afford is nonsensical. Put
another way, wanting a lighter bike doesn't necessarily mean one wants the
ride and handling of a roadeo.