Well, Mark you read that correctly; back in the day I read articles Grant wrote
promoting the idea that one could ride skinny tires offroad and you didn't
really need big fat tires.

That's true, but big fat tires do make it more enjoyable. 😎

So, yes the new hilly bikes and even the Clems are really throwbacks to 25
years ago. That's not an indictment, those were great bikes/times and I'd like
to go back to that time if I could!

Just sayin; progress happens.

Whether we like it or not.