leah wrote:

"But I had these battery lights. The rechargeable Cygolite is just the worst.
It would start flickering, threatening to die on me after only 45 minutes of
use. I hate it. Plus, it’s taking up real estate on my already crowded bars. I
will say my rack light that is battery operated is ok, but it’s cheap plastic
and I’m pretty sure if I bump it into anything it’s going to shatter. Well, the
thrill of those night rides was being impeded by the fear of running out of
battery and being stranded without light. Not the end of the world on my
well-lit MUP up Killer Hill but a total deal breaker for when I’m in the bike
lane on the street."

Peter White Cycles (https://www.peterwhitecycles.com/lightingsystems.php) is
really the place to look for solid lighting, both battery and generator style.
My 1st good light was an Ixon IQ from there many years ago.  I like Dinotte
lights best personally, in the battery style. Their proprietary rechargeable
units go a long time and are very bright. Even their older stuff is good.  I
bought an old Dinotte headlamp from Eric "Campy Only" on this list a while
back. It uses 4 AA cells.  I ordered 2900 ma rechargeable batteries and a
couple of extra AA holders. I can swap out on long rides, but on a typical 1
1/2 to 2 hr ride don't need to.  Generator hubs are now available with very low
friction drag. You can also use a solar power set up on one of your racks to
run/charge.