I'm installing a Son Edelux light to a Nitto M12 front rack running with a
basket and can't decide if the light should be mounted on the left or right
side of the wheel. The mounts are a little low, so there is going to be a
shadow from the wheel/basket on either side. A front center mount would
sort this issue out by itself, but there isn't one on this rack.

Most lights I've seen on the web are mounted on the left (towards oncoming
traffic in the US). However, I've also read about some who prefer it on the
right (curb side) to be better seen by drivers stopped at the right of an
upcoming intersection. I've had a driver only glance left and turn into me
like this (in daylight) so this kind of makes sense IMO.

Any experience/thoughts/preferences for this situation?
Thanks, Jeff