Thanks for all the input. For now, I have a left side nitto light mount on
the way. When the local bike co-op opens back up I'm going to sift through
the parts bin and try the centerpull brake arm hack. Maybe the light can
get far enough forward to clear the basket/tire and I can play around with
mounting left or right side.