Hi Eric,
Would it matter what side of the road was ridden for a side rack mount? I
am sure they folks you reference knew what they were doing, do not know
what side of road the French drive. I know GB is left and another poster
said the French and English builders agreed on the left. I personally want
more light on the road shoulder so mount on right as far forward as I can.
Tom Palmer
Twin Lake, MI, US