Yes ...nothing to do with tires on this frame... I've had Specialized
Armadillo(aptly maned as they were stiff !) tires on it way back and even
then the ride was good. t seems starting with suitable tubing and design
has more to do with the ride than simply wheels alone.  I posted the geo
and stuff below.