I didn't say the parts weren't well made. The headsets, cranks, etc, look
nice. But I feel that the design thinking at places such as Riv, Crust,
Black Mountain, etc, is deeper and comes from a more authentic place. VO
seem like trend followers to me. Which, whatever, who cares. Just not the
kind of place I like.

As for originality, *of course*, Grant didn't invent the cyclocross bike or
touring bike. *Of course* he was inspired by other things. But I would say
he put way more thought, way more from-the-ground-up thinking into those
bikes than anything VO has ever done.

Again, though, who cares. I am not telling anyone not to buy VO. If you
like their stuff, great.