I've used several riv bars and some similar bars including some wide-ish
dropbars. My thoughts on each:

First bars were *Albatross (56cm steel)* and they're still used on my
Cheviot (with bar ends mounted at the most forward point making a sort of
"aero" reach position that's like riding on the hoods of drop bars). 56cm
wide feels good, hand angle is good, but not as many riding positions as I
originally figured.* If I could replace them with Tosco bars I'd do it
now. *

Second bars were* Bosco (58cm)* on a Hillborne, now used on my Rosco Baby
bike - perfect for the baby bike where long reach back and pretty darn wide
leaves room for the kid in the front seat. Flexy on a 11cm nitto technomnic
stem, they were nice on the Hillborne as a commuter but they shine on the
Rosco Bebe, they were also good on the Cheviot which is a commuter, but a
bit too much sweep back and rise making too big a difference between the
forward flat position and the super upright grips position. The extra width
was great.

Switched the Hillborne to *Nitto Dirt Drop RM-013 bars (48cm at hoods, 52cm
at bar ends)* - very nice for long rides but ultimately not quite right for
me - too much drop and not enough flair at the hooks to make the hoods
angled a bit more which feels better for me on longer rides. Very comfy in
the hoods. Shortened to a 6cm stem (was 11cm with the Boscos on it before).
Nice and flexy, but not quite right for my wrists (which bare plenty of
weight as I'm a heavy fella). To get more flair at the hooks and a bit more
width at the ends switched to ...

*Soma Portola (56cm at ends, 45.5cm at hoods*) - much less drop that the
RM-013 dirt drops, more flair angle at the hooks sets the hoods at an angle
so I can put more weight on the hoods comfortably. Still figiting with the
setup (no tape yet but I think I'm set now) after raising the stem quite a
bit (compared to the dirt drops). Biggest difference: Suddenly I use the
hooks! Never really felt good in the hooks before but seems very natural
position with these bars. The hoods are also more comfy (vs. RM-103)
because of the additional flair at the hook. The wrist angle in the drops
is not ideal but it's good, it's a little steep (not as close to flat with
the ground as the RM-013) but good - if I could modify these to have a be
flatter here while keeping the hoods/hooks in the same spot these would be
ideal for me.

Lots of additional options if you have a 31.8mm clamp stem (including the
Junebug which is just the Portola but in 31.8, both quite similar to the
Midge) but these are my fav's in the 25.4/26mm variety.

Honestly, I'd be happy to try the Towel Rack in 610/615mm because of where
it would setup the hoods, but 660 or 670mm seems past the point of
diminishing returns for my body unless I was on dirt only setup. So vary
VERY happy with the Portola bars as a compromise for wider, better wrist
hood position bars.

My main hand position is usually 1-2" above the nose of the seat. I also
angle the seat so it points at the stem clamp or main hand position and
that consistently works nicely.

There are so many small changes in brake lever position and drop angle and
stem height that I would be hard pressed to tell you any bar fits well or
poorly until trying tons of different positions. Any by the time my fit
seems perfect my body changes enough to make it a constantly moving target
to get the fit just right. But mostly* I just ride as it is whenever
there's time!*

May you find your happy handlebar place!