Thanks so much for all the inputs . It was very helpful. I will start of
with downtube for front and bar end for rear, so that I get a feel for what
works  and a later point convert if need be . I am planning to route cable
housing for barends outside the handle bar wrap , may be secure it using
twine . I am also doing non aero brake levers ; so this should save me from
re-wrapping while I settle on final configuration.

Thanks,
Deepak