After many years of riding nothing but bar end shifters, I have switched to
stem mounted shifters and find them very easy and convenient. They have a
simple cable run, especially if your cables run onnyour downtube. Either
hand can shift either derailleur. Worth considering. Steve

--
Steven Sweedler
Plymouth, New Hampshire