I've probably linked to this page in a half dozen threads over the years,
but it seems appropriate again.  This is from Peter White's website, from
back when he was a Riv dealer (and from the era when I bought my Ram.)
Perceptions change but, at the time, the Homer WAS considered a touring
bike.  Maybe not Atlantis-rugged, but not Atlantis-heavy, either.  I now
have a Suluki so I haven't followed all of the Homer changes over time, but
it seems it's gotten more stout if anything.  And longer, which should make
it more stable.  Personally, I wouldn't hesitate, especially if you're
talking about pavement and or credit-card touring rather than
survival/camping/offroad touring.

Here's a relevant excerpt from Peter's page:

"These two frames are so similar, I've decided to keep them on the same
page, at least until I think of a reason not to. If you start from the
Rambouillet, the Hilsen has longer chainstays, by one centimeter. It also
requires longer caliper brakes, because it has clearance for larger tires.
Essentially the Rambouillet is great for fast day riding with the racer
wannabees, brevets and credit card touring. The Hilsen is more into the
loaded touring category. When you put full panniers on it, the handling
will be a bit more stable than if you load down the Rambouillet. And with
fat tires on the Hilsen, dirt roads will be more comfortable to ride on all
day."

https://www.peterwhitecycles.com/rambouillet.php