I rode the Mississippi Trail some years back solo on my Saluki, which is a
Homer under the decals. Rear racks, front decaleur mount rando bag. Very
stable handling when loaded. (get the trail guide book if you do this. Lots
of good info). You can tour on a Homer.  Today, Apidura and others make
capacious, lightweight  frame and saddle bags that let you save the weight
of a frame.

Fullylugged in AL.