I have a Waterford Homer, 54 cm, and I weigh 150 lbs.  I put about 30 lbs
of groceries in panniers in the back and the bike felt great, and if I knew
what "planing" was, then I would say the bike was planing because it felt
springy when I was out of the saddle.  If I were 180 lbs and 30 lbs in the
back, then maybe it would get noodlely?

Why not just load up the bike and see how it feels.  For me, I'm sure it
would work great...

Toshi