I only ride flared drops. The flare in flared drops are mostly for wrist
clearance out of the saddle or in technical body-English situations. I feel
the width changes from the hoods to the hooks to the ends are also
beneficial for different modes during a ride: aero cruising, control on
technical trails or descents, and leverage for honking up a loose hill.

I’ve settled on Nitto RM-3s from Blue Lug or Somafab. It’s my favorite. The
25.4 is often out of stock, but is my favorite bar. I have them on three
bikes; my Fitz Supermoto, Quickbeam fixed gear, and Bontrager road bike.
The angled hoods are very comfortable to me, and the drops give great
control. I set flared bars up high, so the hooks are the main position, but
I use the hoods and tops, too.

The On-One Midge bar is similar to the RM-3; I like it almost as much.
The RM-013 someone else mentioned is also a good bar. Deeper, more reach,
and less flare.
On the other end of the spectrum is the Woodchipper, which is short,
shallow, and flared. The hooks aren’t angled much, but the tops are wide.

You can see the RM-3s on my Quickbeam here on
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClKbS02PGoN/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

Philip
Sonoma County, Calif