Hello All,

I am thinking about the setup of my Hunqapillar which will wear
Bullmoose bars and Paul thumbies with shimano bar-end shifters.  Is a
rapid-rise rear der the best choice in this situation?

Assuming the thumbies will be indexed and positioned on top of the
bar, will I be able to flick the right lever forward?  If so, wouldn't
I want that motion to be a shift to a larger cog?  If I can only shift
the lever in one direction without taking my hand off the bar,
wouldn't I want that to be a downshift?  When I am looking for an
easier gear (ie. riding up hill in the wrong gear), I'm thinking I
won't want to take my hand off the bar.  For this reason, is a top-
normal der more appropriate?

I haven't used thumb shifters in YEARS so if hands must come off the
bar for all shifts, then I guess rapid rise is the way to go.

Thanks for any advice,
Eric