I think there is merit to getting a longer stem to alleviate the feeling of needing more space in the bar area. I would have gladly tried this over the ugly IRD seat post, but I have the extra tall Nitto stem that maxes out at 10 cm, which I have. I wish they made a 12, but alas. So, the seat post is what I got and it seems to be working - there were kinks to work out. That post, where it clamps onto my Rivet saddle, made the most annoying sets of clicks. It sounded like the drivetrain, which is beyond my scope of practice, so I hauled it in. Totally stumped the bike shop, too, and then they finally found the issue. They lubed or greased or something and now it’s silent, just like I like it.