Hello Josh,

The advice you've received so far is all good and I'm sure you'll find it
to be very helpful. But have you considered asking your employer for secure
bike parking? My current employer has bike lockers, locker rooms and
showers, and a web page for bike commuters where people shared tips for
commuting, recommended bike routes and the like. My previous employer had a
parking garage where the ceiling sloped down so cars couldn't be parked
there, but it was perfectly fine for bicycles. The bike parking area had a
fence around it and a lot of the staple racks. They also provided locker
rooms and showers. Years ago they used to give out coffee and donuts on
Bike to Work Day. All of this was provided since people asked for it.

Seems to me that employers try to go out of their way promoting health and
wellness, so take advantage of that when asking. Also are there other bike
commuters or people who would like to bike to work but don't for one reason
or another at the hospital? You may be more successful if there is a group
making the request rather than one person. Lastly, is there a bicycle
advocacy group in Indianapolis? They might be able to help you with you by
providing cost estimates for racks or bike lockers.

Good luck and happy trails,
JohnS