Ginz:

I find the Whites flip so easy I don't even think about it anymore.
It just happens.

No photos at the moment and my camera battery is dead.  At rest the
pedals are not upside down.  The flip point is maybe 7 or 8 degrees
beyond perpendicular.

If you do not mind dirty shoes (and do not mind paying a whole heck of
a lot more money) the Ti BG clips are lighter than the stainless
steel.  I have a set and with them on at rest the pedal is almost
perpendicular.

I actually prefer when the tab is angled a bit forward (and did not
like my shoes with half clip marks on them) so I put the Ti clips in a
box somewhere and now use the BG steel clips.  (With luck some weight
weenie just read this sentence and dropped the computer)