Bill,

As a fellow Q nerd, this is a really good mention:

*A lot of people with 135mm OLD Rivendell Road bikes will set up their
double with 43.5mm chain line anyway, thinking of it more as a 1x plus
granny setup.  Swing the whole cassette in the big ring and only use the
larger 4 cogs in the small ring.  Doing that would probably bring <150mm
Q-factor into play for your Hillborne.  *

If I do not set a perfect chainline on a 2x bike, it is always skewed to
the inside for reduced Q and shifting habits as described above.  Although,
I generally run a 108mm vs. 113mm for WI VBC as an example so I generally
only go from 47.5mm to 45mm chainline and 150mm to 145mm Q.

-Justus
Mpls, MN