I tapped the right place for info!

The nerd crank database is EXACTLY what I was looking for. And Bill,
Justus, thanks for clarifying the chainline stuff. I think I get it, though
I'm not sure if I understand what BB will get a specific chainline, I'll
ask that question once I get farther along figuring this out.

I do intend to run it as a 1X + granny. Realistically, where I live, the
chances of using the granny are non-existent, but I love climbing and on
the rare occasions I travel to bike, want the option.

As far as WHY I'm interested in changing, I have an IRD defiant 46/30 on
another bike and I'm finding that I MUCH prefer that feel to the wider
stance on the Hillborne. I don't know for sure the exact measurements, but
I think the IRD is around 150 and the current triple I have on the
Hillborne is 160+

thanks for the info. I'm going to poke around that database later.

Adam