The collar is glued down on Tubolitos

Yours sincerely,

Bernard F. Duhon

From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> On
Behalf Of Bill Lindsay
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2024 1:32 PM
To: RBW Owners Bunch <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [RBW] TPU inner tubes - Anyone using them?

That little ring on mine is not glued down.  It reminds me of a "Shakespeare
collar", properly called a ruff:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruff_(clothing)

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

On Monday, April 22, 2024 at 11:28:06 AM UTC-7 Ted Durant wrote:
On Apr 22, 2024, at 12:56 PM, Bill Lindsay <tape...@gmail.com> wrote:

I received three of the Rene Herse 584x45-68mm variant in the mail this
morning, and installed two on my custom Falconer without issue.  The third will
serve as a spare.

Anyone else who has received RH TPU tubes … mine have a little round piece of
plastic between the valve stem and the tube, like a cute little collar, that
seems to be for reinforcement, but it’s not actually attached to the tube -
it’s just floating there. If it was glued to the tube, it probably would have
prevented the leak. Anybody else looked at their tubes - is that collar
attached or flapping around?

Ted Durant
Milwaukee, WI USA
rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/953e6547-ae8e-4c68-8154-ab18d3316977n%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/953e6547-ae8e-4c68-8154-ab18d3316977n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.