Thanks for your reply Ted. The WTB tpu tubes I recently mounted up came
packaged with 'O' rings at about the midpoint of the stems. I wasn't quite
sure of their purpose - finally decided they were to protect the stem-tube
junction from contacting the edge of the rim hole and installed them the
same way you did.

Your experience with RH tubes makes me a bit wary of trying them. If and
when I finally get around to purchasing tpu tubes for my Platypus with
Velocity Quill rime I'll probably stick with the WTBs. So far I've been
pleased with them on my Ritchey (I9 AR25 rims). I've only logged about 50
miles on them so far, but it's all been on graveled forest roads and a few
miles of single track. I've been inflating the 700c x 48mm RH knobbies to
25psi.