While it's possible to swap back and forth between Albatross bars and drop
bars, and there are some setup tricks that could facilitate this, I would
not be eager to do it regularly.

As Mathias demonstrated you'd need a much longer stem on the Albatross bike
(30-40mm longer) to have similar positions, which can make cabling that
works for both tricky.

Using downtube shifters would completely eliminate the need to touch the
shifters and cabling. I have a bike that has the front shifter on the
downtube and the rear shifter on a thumbie mount clamped to the stem - a
setup that also would require no change to swap stem and bar. Hinged
thumbies clamped to the bar could be setup with cable lengths that would
work with both bar/stem combos. Bar end shifters would be the most work,
requiring the cable to be pulled for each swap.

Brakes are trickier, but cable disconnects designed for travel bikes could
be one way to speed up the required cable swap.

I'd be more inclined to setup two bikes and differentiate them a bit in use
(e.g. put racks and a basket on the Albatross bike), which is how I
"justify" my overlapping bikes.

Sam and Appaloosa would be a good pairing, though I'd be tempted to go with
a Homer for a bit more separation.

-Dave