On Jun 18, 2010, at 9:25 PM, Bridgestone wrote:

I've finally decided that life is too short to wear crappy socks. I'm
not just talking about biking, I'm talking about all the time.

My feet stink to high hell, but I have been wearing these bargain
basement cotton jobbers, so that's part of the rub.

I love the idea of a 100% wool sock, but I don't know how practical
that is. Has anyone tried the Kangaroo Socks from Rivendell? Or do you
have another source for great socks?

Plus, if I could get something in white to wear with shorts, my wife
would be less inclined to make fun of my sartorial choices.

I wear wool socks year 'round for cycling, work, etc. I have no non- wool socks; some are part non-wool.

For cycling I generally wear Smartwool (cycling and their hiking and dress socks) although the wool content in their cycling socks has dropped and the "technical" aspect has increased, which is not IMHO an improvement in the product. I find wool socks very comfortable, much better in hot weather than non-wool socks. I no longer get "hot spots" under my feet on bike rides of any length (including brevets up to 375 miles a few years ago). The socks don't stink, ever.