I've used black, very light weight (and, frankly, rather cheaply made) all
wool dress socks from Vermont Country Store for summer riding and, apart
from having to turn them down to avoid look like a Huge Fred ("Look, Ma!!!
There goes a Fred wearing black dress socks and garters!!!"), they work very
well. More recently I've been using the usual synthetic cycling specific
socks simply because they are cut low, but they are no more comfortable and
certainly stink faster than the wools.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Bridgestone <alancr...@mac.com> wrote:

> I've finally decided that life is too short to wear crappy socks. I'm
> not just talking about biking, I'm talking about all the time.
>
> My feet stink to high hell, but I have been wearing these bargain
> basement cotton jobbers, so that's part of the rub.
>
> I love the idea of a 100% wool sock, but I don't know how practical
> that is. Has anyone tried the Kangaroo Socks from Rivendell? Or do you
> have another source for great socks?
>
> Plus, if I could get something in white to wear with shorts, my wife
> would be less inclined to make fun of my sartorial choices.

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW at resumespecialt...@gmail.com