On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Leslie <leslie.bri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I had my old MTB, I decided to get a more 'road-skewed' Riv
> first, so I built my Ram.    Now, I'm planning a Bombadil to be my MTB-
> replacement/touring bike.  I think the Atlantis or the Hunq would each
> do well as such.    I'm not a 'hard-corps' mountain-biker, more of a
> rails-to-trails kind of rider.   A taller wheel than a 26" would roll
> along more quickly;  however, I've heard a lot of 29'er-adopters here
> are backing away from them on tighter trails, they're going back to
> 26".   The 650B seems to be a good compromise to me:  maybe a bit more
> MTBish than a 700c, more road-bikish than a 26"  (not that an Atlantis
> isn't!).
>

> I've been riding my Ram on the Creeper, it does fine, but I'm getting
> flats (two patches on my current rear tube).   So, I'm wanting to push
> my Ram more towards the roads, and the Bomb will pull the trail-rides.

I have an atlantis and a romulus. The atlantis is good for carting
around a bunch of stuff and not having to worry if you're overloading
the bike :). The atlantis is good for a stable ride that I don't have
to mess with. It rides fairly plush and feels stable even when things
are less than stable around it.  I use it as a commuter and a do-all
and recently I've been leaving the albatross bars on it most of the
time b/c they just feel right.

The romulus is more or less a weekend rider or a "I need to get from
point A to point B as quickly as possible" bike. I've tried to keep
the rom as trim of carrying-capacity as possible - only putting on a
mark's rack and a small bag on the front so I don't add too much stuff
to it.

If I had to choose only one bike it would be the atlantis - mainly b/c
it can do all things - it is just a matter of taking stuff on and off
of it to do it.

But since I don't have to choose only one bike I enjoy the rom, too. :)

-sv