New to RBW Owners... Woo hoo!!

After working with Keven at RBW, seeking an answer to the tricky
"which Riv is right for me" question, I opted for a Bombadil 60.  I
originally thought I had my mind made up with an AHH (mainly for light
loaded on/off road travel), but since I'm 6'1", 230 lbs, Keven
(wisely) suggested something a bit stouter might ultimately feel more
reassuring for my style of riding, especially if I couldn't resist the
urge to take it offroad and/or load up with heavier stuff.  (I already
own a nice Niner MCR 29er as my primary off-road steed, so I really
envision using my Riv for back road touring, but still with plenty of
dirt-road and off-road capability where a mountain bike might be
overkill.  We talked about a double TT Hilsen (which sounded just OK
to me... and at some point why not just go with an Atlantis or
Bombadil? Maybe the Hilsen isn't the right one for me... DAMMIT I
thought I had it figured out!!!).. To get an Atlantis in my size would
require a non-standard 64cm... did I want to wait and pay a little
extra?  (Dammit again, I thought I had it figured out... but the wait
and extra cost would probably be worth it in my mind. (But then I
discovered one current Atlantis owner, who is 6'5"/245 talking about
having Riv possibly add an extra TT on his Atlantis)...

Jeez, I thought... can't a big guy like me get a bike that can do all
these things in a size that DOESN'T require a second TT?  Well that
all became a moot point when Keven showed me a lightly used Bombadil
frame in my size they JUST received on a trade-in, and that was all I
needed to see... I did what any other reasonable future RBW Owner
would do... I bought it.

Now I personally plan to set this up as a kind of do-all touring bike,
and I am taking inspiration from the previous owner (Rene, thank
you!), and plan to try out several configurations.  Admittedly I have
a Salsa Fargo already nicely performing commuting, light off-road and
commuting duty, but even as awesome as the Fargo is (and I wouldn't
hesitate to declare the Fargo an act of sheer brilliance on the part
of Salsa), there is NOTHING on this planet quite like the Bombadil...
we all know that.  I'm afraid my Fargo may need to find a new owner
soon (sad as that sounds)... The Bombadil will become my main ride
(for paved and back road/light trail riding, commuting, coffee shop
runs, etc.), and the Niner will remain my true mountain bike (capable
of pretty much anything off-road).

I appreciate all the great dialogue onb this forum about seeking and
achieving the best setup.  As a former Kogswell P/R owner and KOG
member (which I miss), it's great to once again tap into such great
thinkers as there are here in this group.

Peace,
BB